ABOUT QIMA COFFEE
Set up in the midst of Yemen’s raging civil war, Qima Coffee is Yemen’s largest specialty coffee exporter, and the country’s most impactful social enterprise.
With operations in Yemen and headquartered in London, Qima Coffee’s was set up with the aim of reviving Yemen’s once renowned coffee industry and in doing so improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest small holder farmers. We believe that better coffee can offer better lives.
In its first year of operation, Qima Coffee has grown its farmer supply portfolio to exceed one thousand farming families, representing an equivalent of 18-20,000 people from the rural community. Working directly with each and every farmer, the company operates with full traceability and transparency, with every bean traceable back to the individual farmer who grew it. We are Yemen’s first coffee fully vertically integrated coffee company, operating throughout the value chain – from seed to cup.
Staying true to its goal of livelihood generation, Qima Coffee offers farmers the highest prices in the market, and goes on to supplement that price by an additional revenue share from the exported coffee. This mechanism has translated to farmers potentially receiving up to 20 times their previous coffee incomes.
Yemeni specialty coffee is considered amongst the rarest and finest in the world – representing less than 0.0001% of the world’s coffee supply. Yemeni coffee is notoriously difficult to source and highly sought after by the coffee aficionados and connoisseurs the world over. With a robust supply infrastructure, local knowledge/network, and global trading capabilities, Qima Coffee is well placed to launch the Yemen coffee revolution. We invite you to be a part of that revolution.
Having recently set up a marketing and roasting site in London, we are looking for a high performing sales executive/account manager to join our small team in our London office to grow sales of our roasted and green coffee throughout Europe (with potential to grow sales into the Middle East). You will be reporting directly to the founder and CEO. The role will be based in London, with frequent travel to Europe and potential travel farther afield.
You are a self-motivated, ambitious, performance driven sales person. You have experience in specialty coffee and you are passionate about improving lives and livelihoods. You are a high-level thinker; a versatile communicator and you continuously seek opportunities to improve. You are comfortable in a start-up environment and are relentlessly persistent in seeking and achieving your goals. You have an insatiable drive to succeed, and you thrive off being in control of your salary.
· Developing new sales – prospecting and generating leads, responding and following up on inbound enquiries
· Develop tailored sales plans for both green and roasted coffee products through different channels.
· Managing the pipeline – managing and following up on any prospective clients
· Development and implementation of appropriate sales strategies
· Participation in physical and online marketing strategies
· Develop a passionate Yemeni Specialty Coffee Network
· Attend Trade shows and conferences to promote the company and secure deals
· Liaise with Marketing to develop and implement a holistic sales and marketing promotion strategy
· Organise and carry out promotional activities (cupping events, presentations, info sessions etc) for clients and key stakeholders
IDEAL CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
· Required: minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales role, preferably in B2B and a proven track record in sales.
· Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Required: Strong with numbers
· Required: Good presentation skills
· Required: Profound interest in working for a start-up company.
· Preferred: A passion for social enterprises
· Preferred: Formal education in business, with financial acumen and capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
· Preferred: Experience working within the coffee sector to sufficiently understand our customers and the speciality coffee landscape.
· Preferred: Additional European Languages
We are looking for an experienced speciality coffee professional to join our team at a senior level and help grow...View Job
Role overview Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years....View Job