A rare and exciting opportunity has become available to join the world of speciality coffee, receive on the job training in coffee roasting and get great exposure to all aspects of coffee, from sourcing to roasting to cupping to brewing.
As the Coffee Roaster Assistant you will work directly with a small team of coffee specialists, focussed on assisting the production roasters with the daily operation of our 70kg Loring Peregrine roaster by loading and unloading coffee. With training, you will also be responsible for facilitating daily QC sessions by preparing cupping samples for sensory analysis.
No prior experience required, but a passion for coffee and desire to learn will be highly regarded.
Please note: This role requires frequent heavy lifting.
• Assist production roasters by loading green coffee into roaster & unloading roasted coffee into buckets, paying careful attention to roasting schedule
• Maintain the roasted coffee product lines, ensuring buckets are in their appropriate locations and operations staff are using the correct coffees
Deliveries & Stock Management
• Prepare for incoming coffee deliveries by consolidating pallets and arranging the warehouse to maximise space and efficiency
• Handle intake of deliveries, checking all coffees against delivery note and delivery order, and flagging any issues
• Ensure general tidiness of the roastery floor is maintained by regular sweeping, consolidating part-full roasted coffee bins, clearing away pallet wrapping and other rubbish
• Clean down the QC lab after daily cupping sessions
• Assist production roasters in weekly maintenance of the roaster
• Ability to follow procedures
• Able to show initiative and be adaptable to changing schedules
• Physically fit, able to move heavy loads
• Enthusiasm and keenness to learn
• An interest in coffee is highly valuable, but prior industry experience is unnecessary
• A great opportunity to develop a career into Coffee Roasting with us at Pact. You will receive on the job training via our two experienced coffee roasting managers and work with the head of coffee to understand the green coffee buying supply chain