We are looking for someone to join our roasting team; the ideal candidate will have some roasting experience but would be keen to learn new skills and grow within an established team. We are also open to someone who has some coffee or other relevant experience but who would be new to roasting.
Most importantly, the successful individual will be passionate about coffee and dedicated to learning about roasting. We are looking for a team player who is self‐motivated, happy to work alone occasionally and willing to pitch in wherever necessary during busy times – this will include helping in the packing department, crate washing or the shops on occasion.
• Learn to be a roaster at Monmouth Coffee – this will initially mean observing roasts and
assisting roasters where possible.
• Roast coffee to profile; taste and approve roasts.
• Assist with green coffee deliveries.
• Assist with roaster cleaning and basic machine maintenance.
• Pack roasted coffee.
• Learn and support department organisation and record keeping.
• Learn about coffees: origins, roast profiles, flavours.
• Assist with stock‐take.
• Work with other Monmouth teams as required.
Required Skills and Qualities:
• Interested to learn and share information about coffee.
• Self‐motivated and happy to work alone and with colleagues.
• Organised and methodical.
• Precise, focussed and responsible.
• Comfortable operating large machinery.
• Able to do heavy lifting on a daily basis and to stoop, bend, reach overhead and stand for the
majority of a working day.
• Good sensory perception ‐ smell, hearing, vision and taste.
• Willingness to learn and help out the team where necessary
• Fluent English, both written and spoken.
• Full‐time (5 days/week), typically Monday to Friday, but may include the odd Saturday. This
position also requires flexibility in hours and extra days in December and around bank holidays.
• Based in Bermondsey.
• Immediate start available.
We are looking for an experienced speciality coffee professional to join our team at a senior level and help grow...View Job
We have an exciting opportunity! Cloud Picker Coffee is hiring for the role of Junior Roaster / Roastery Assistant. Start...View Job