Hours: 37.5 per week
Pay rate: Based on experience
Annual leave: 28 days
Start date: 29th April 2019.
We are looking for a hard working, pro-active leader, that can manage one of our coffee bars, generating a great atmosphere, keeping it immaculate and motivate a team to deliver a consistently great product & service.
Working from our Nicolson Street store, you will actively manage your site across operations, procurement, HR and finance.
– You will be a natural leader, able to motivate and gel a team of staff to run a site efficiently and professionally.
– You must be comfortable being the main contact on site, liaising between management, customers, suppliers and other third parties.
– You will be calm under pressure, skilful at handing all kinds of situations and customers.
– You must possess strong commercial awareness, keeping a clear eye on purchasing, prices and margins at all times.
– You will have a strong eye for detail and insist on working too a sharp and clean working environment.
– You will be comfortable with all HR related tasks including – hiring, planning rotas, managing shift schedules and handling staff queries.
– You must have strong IT skills, able to manage all administration and communications to a high standard.
– You will ideally have excellent speciality coffee skills across espresso, latte art and use of key equipment, however candidates with non speciality coffee experience will still be considered.
Strong management experience in a cafe or restaurant environment
Excellent communication skills
Strong leadership skills
Proactive and hardworking
Calm, tactful and professional
Good IT skills
Experience handling cash, card payments and banking
Well organised, responsible, reliable
2+ years experience in coffee
In depth knowledge of speciality coffee
Strong speciality coffee experience
Ability to accurately dial in coffees.
Skilled at latte art
Knowledge of speciality coffee equipment
Sales and retail experience
Proficient with social media platforms
Cafe Manager application details:
To apply, please email us your CV and a cover letter about why you’re the right person for the role.