IKAWA is a fast-growing start-up based in east London.
We design and manufacture transformational, innovative systems to improve the quality and appreciation of coffee and have customers in over 70 countries worldwide.
Our products currently consist of two types of coffee roasting machines together with supporting apps and a range of curated green coffees. The award winning IKAWA Sample Roaster is used by coffee professionals to advance coffee quality by helping them improve their evaluation of green coffees. It has already been disruptive in this sector and is now being used by industry leaders to enter and win global coffee competitions.
We have also launched our first product in the IKAWA At Home range – our Smart Home Coffee Roaster System. This simple and accessible approach includes a coffee roaster, selection of green coffees, roast recipes and the IKAWA Home app. It is designed bring coffee to life for coffee connoisseurs and enthusiasts. We’re excited about the opportunities to expand in this sector.
Our head office is in London Fields, East London. We have a sales office in Los Angeles and distributors worldwide.
Join us and help deliver this potential.
We are looking for a bright, able and ambitious marketing professional with a strong background in speciality coffee and marketing to growing team in our London Headquarters to support the business to deliver our strategy for IKAWA for Professionals.
You will report to the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Marketing Manager and Trade Marketing Manager as well as other members of the commercial team and will play an invaluable role in executing projects around the world to a high standard as they come thick and fast!
The outputs of your work will cover the following areas, supported by colleagues, freelancers or agencies where appropriate.
The key aspects of this role will support the For Professionals side of the business with focus on delivering global events, creating and posting coordinated value-added content for our customers on our website, coordinating campaigns and supporting the team with social media. There will be opportunities to develop your skills and specialise over time.
Events and Trade Show Delivery
● Supporting Marketing team with event planning and delivery for our global schedule. This will include everything from travel bookings, logistics, staff schedules, supporting staff training, lead
data-capture and follow-up.
● Events will include SCA Expo, WOC, London Coffee Festival, Roaster Camp, Roaster Retreat, and
numbers others around the world.
● Representing IKAWA at events individually or as part of the team.
● Supporting reseller preparation for events such as MICE, Cafe Show, Hotelex etc.
● Managing content plan across our website, Instagram, social and email with the goal of turning great
content into powerful campaigns.
● Delivery of content plan with support from the team, particularly Marketing Manager, Trade
Marketing Manager and external agencies as appropriate.
● Creation of blogs and other content in line with plan.
● Posting blogs and new content to website.
● Supporting Marketing Manager to brief and deliver more value-added content produced externally.
● Managing delivery of new content updates to For Professionals section of website – with support of agency where appropriate.
● Support of website improvement projects – for example rollout of international languages, improved
roast profile library or new features.
● Responsible for building emails to pro database according to plan.
● Reporting on email campaigns and sharing insights with commercial team.
● Supporting Marketing Manager with day to day running of social media channels, including monitoring, posting content and engagement with customers.
● Amplifying IKAWA activities and content through appropriate social media.
● Flexible about managing and supporting with new projects and campaigns as plans evolve.
● Hosting visitors or events at IKAWA.
● Supporting with CRM management and team administration.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in comparable marketing roles or projects, and demonstrate how they could apply their expertise to help move IKAWA to the next level.
● Knowledge of speciality coffee industry.
● Must have worked for a Green Coffee Trader, Exporter or Roastery.
● Wordpress – ability to post and edit content.
● Proven skills in copywriting.
● Super well organised and great at planning complex events and dealing with short timelines.
● Creative approach to problem solving and taking fresh approaches.
● Hard working and ambitious.
● Attention to detail.
● Experience building marketing emails for business.
● Managing Instagram for Business.
● Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce or AgileCRM.
● Fluency in another language is a plus.
● Clean UK driving license.
Our office and workshop is located at:
IKAWA Ltd, Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE.
Full time (Monday – Friday)
1st March 2019 – notice periods considered.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Company benefits including MacBook, Home Roaster, team incentives and activities, perks, occasional travel, L&D opportunities, 22 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, access to company pension scheme, ride to work scheme.
Please send a CV, a cover letter, maximum one side, including the thing that excites you most about this role, and setting out how your experience meets the job description.