Caravela Coffee is a leader in the Specialty Coffee industry with operations globally. Our strength lies in direct purchasing within Latin America.
We strive to have a positive impact in the communities where we work, the environment, our employees, as well as the roasters that we work with and the customers that we serve.
In 2015 we were recognized by B-Labs as one of the B-Corp “Best for the World” companies.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for an experienced and passionate coffee professional to head their European sales office, helping to expand their presence in EMEA.
Functions include, but not limited to:
• Service existing accounts and establish new relationships
• Plan and execute the sales cycle, meeting quarterly and yearly sales and market targets
• Processing day-to-day sales and releases
• Understand and communicate the entire product mix to customers
• Develop marketing materials, including the planning and execution of marketing events
• Constantly interact with origin (export) divisions to develop new products
• Communicate frequently with our executive team, implementing strategies to position the company as the leading high quality green coffee importer in Europe
• Monitor and analyse sales figures and produce sales strategies
• Manage a small team in London, including responsibility for recruitment and training of sales staff
• Have a demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for specialty coffee
• Be pro-active, self motivated, flexible, and able to work remotely, yet within a close-knit team
• Be comfortable in a fast-paced global environment
• Minimum 7 years’ experience working with specialty coffee roasters / coffee traders in Europe
• Willingness to travel significantly, including origin trips, customer’s visits and attend industry trade shows
• Speak fluent English, a second European language is beneficial, Spanish preferred
• Have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills
Experience with CRM and ERP systems is preferred. Experience as a coffee trader is a plus. Degree in Business Administration with sales experience is a plus, but not required. Licensed Q-Grader is a plus.
Role overview Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years....View Job