algrano is a Swiss tech startup disintermediating the global trade of coffee.
Using technology, algrano’s mission is to revolutionise the coffee trade industry and make it transparent. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe. Awarded at its launch in 2015 as the best tech innovation by the European Specialty Coffee Association, algrano counts already more than 1’000 growers and roasters.
As sales manager for the UK you will develop a broad customer base in the UK for specialty coffee. You will be responsible for selling our solution to coffee roasters with the aim to establish long-term partnerships with a young quality-affine generation of entrepreneurs.
The expectations to the sales manager are:
• Management of the sales pipeline: active prospecting with outbound activities such as calls and visits, lead qualification and development of appropriate sales strategies
• Participation in physical and online marketing strategies
• Customer service and assistance
• Networking to build an algrano community
You will be based in the UK and exchange frequently with the management team in Zurich.
You are an open-minded, trustful, performance driven sales person. You love specialty coffee. Your positive attitude and critical thinking make you solve your customer needs with the solution of algrano.
Moreover, as the ideal candidate you will have:
• Solid formal education in business, with financial acumen and capable of developing a sales plan that produces effective results.
• minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales role, preferably in B2B and a proven track record in sales.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• profound interest in working for a startup company.
• Readiness to travel in the UK (driving license) and visit key coffee roasting
• Knowledge of the coffee business in the UK would be an additional asset.
Why work for algrano?
You will be working with talented people in a small international team. Our rapid growth generates a dynamic work environment with new opportunities for ambitious team members. Finally, you will be part of a movement to change a centuries-old industry and empower coffee growers all over the world!
Your cover letter and CV, as well as a short description of your most successful customer interaction.
Role overview Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years....View Job